Friday, November 26, 2010

BLACK FRIDAY.

This morning my dad and I walked into Target.
4:30 am.
My dad said, "I'm too smart to be doing this. People here are crazy!"
Even though the morning fiasco was my idea, I had to agree.

I always thought people were a little ridiculous to be getting out of their beds in the wee hours of the morning, just to hit some sales. Even more ridiculous are the ones who never go to bed. This morning KSL reported some people waited 10 hours in single digit degrees. I know, right?

Today, I admit I was one of those crazy ridiculous doorbusters. And...I loved it!

My dad was a trooper and let me haul him through the aisles as my personal assistant. He's such a happy guy at such an early hour. What a cutie pants.

"Can't we get like a fast pass or something?"
"Dad. This isn't Disneyland."

Needless to say, the store was packed. The check-out line wound around every aisle, and took us an hour and a half to get through. I didn't mind though--I was proud of my steals and deals! (Don't look too closely at what's inside that basket, Katja...;))


I also just found out that there's actually a reason to the name of this rhyme. Apparently "black friday" indicates the period during which retailers turn a profit, putting themselves "in the black". Now put that fun fact in your back pocket.

2 comments:

  1. ok LOVE your blog too! haha now i can further stalk you. purrfect. you are too cute, i love that you and your dad went to target at 4:30. my dad and i did that last year. except we went to WAL MART. no idea why, i do not like that store at all. it was crazy times! ya.....we slept in this year. good times though, glad you are having a fun break! can't wait to see you monday morning! blahhh.....two more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could've seen you and your dad that early in the morning shopping together. i bet it was priceless haha

    ReplyDelete